Last modified: 03 April 2013
The Farmbell, LLC (“Company” or “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.thefarmbell.com and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Website, services, features and content, to administer your use of the Website (together, the “Service”) and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Website.
No Unsupervised Minor Access
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- Input by you, by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information"); and/or
- Aggregated data which is not identifiable to you, about the internet connection used, the equipment used to access our Website, and usage details ("Non-Identifying Information").
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Information you provide to use via your registration from your Facebook Account.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through session data and third party business partners.
- We collect personal information in connection with your registration to join the Service. You can register to join via the Website by completing the required forms.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This information differs depending on your type of use (i.e., whether you are registering as a Farmer, a Restaurant, a Market or an Individual, and includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence including e-mail addresses, if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may register to join by establishing an account using your email and a password you provide, or you may enter the Website using your Facebook account. As part of the functionality of this Website and the Service you may link your Farmbell account with your Facebook account, by either: (i) providing your Facebook account login information to us through the Website or Service; or (ii) allowing us to access your Facebook account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of Facebook.
You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Facebook login information to us and/or grant us access to your Facebook account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein), without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Facebook account and without obligating us to pay any fees. When you register by logging into your Facebook account via our Website, we will obtain the personal information you have provided to Facebook (such as your "real" name, email address, profile picture, names of Facebook friends, names of Facebook groups to which you belong, other information you make publicly available via Facebook and/or other information you authorize us to access by authorizing Facebook to provide such information) from your Facebook accounts and use that information to create your Farmbell account and your Farmbell account profile page and you will become a Member. Subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Facebook account, you understand that by granting us access to your Facebook account, we will access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by Facebook and authorized by you) the information in your Facebook account so that it is available on and through your Farmbell account on the Website and Service. If there is information about your "friends" or people with whom you are associated in your Facebook account, the information we obtain about those "friends" or people with whom you are associated, may also depend on the privacy settings such people have Facebook.
We also collect the Non-Identifying Information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your Farmbell account profile (e.g., without limitation, individual preferences or demographic information).
We use your personal information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "Content"). Your Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Session Data and Analytics.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- The details of your visit to our Website is collected as session data; other information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences and activities while you are using your browser, allowing us to customize our
- Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website during the same browser session.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To inform you about products or services we offer or provide though our Website that may be of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in the marketplace presented on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to facilitate our Service and support our business, including with our payment platform provider, Balanced.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Farmbell LLC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Farmbell LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to facilitate access to you by buyers on our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Farmbell LLC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from The Farmbell. By default, we will use the email address you provide to us to contact you to promote various products or services that we offer. You can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at:
The Farmbell LLC
28 Dorsey Blvd, Greenville SC 29611
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
It is up to you to make sure that your are comfortable with the information you choose to provide us and the information you choose to post. Please keep in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting Content, comments or other information or content through the Website, this information becomes publicly available and may be viewed, collected and used by others, including people outside The Farmbell marketplace. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information you post to parts of the Website that are available to others, and we urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or otherwise.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information over the internet or to our Website is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Or by writing to:
The Farmbell LLC
28 Dorsey Blvd, Greenville SC 29611